Learning All About the Need for Vision Care
Just as you would consider a normal check-up with the doctor to ensure your vitals remain healthy or check-ups with your dentist to maintain healthy teeth and gums, it’s equally important to have your eyesight examined in order to maintain good and healthy vision in the long run.
Whether you have a family history in eye diseases or simply wearing glasses due to being either long-sighted or short-sighted, knowing the progression of your vision every now and then can help you take preventative measures without having to suffer deep damages in the long run. Keep reading as we talk more about vision problems with a bit more depth in order to have a better knowledge about it.
Types of common vision problems
There are various different types of eyesight issues that occur. While some of them occur due to the old-age the others are often genetics. However, apart from such reasons, it’s also common to have eyesight problems due to staring at the screen for long hours or reading in the dark. Here are the different types of vision problems that are commonly known to occur, in the order of minor to major ones.
- Nearsighted – Makes looking at distant things harder and blurred
- Farsighted – Makes looking at close things blurry and difficult
- Strained Eye – Occurs due to straining the eyes either digitally or in bad lighting
- Colour Bind – Makes looking at shades or intensity of colours harder and is mostly genetic
- Cataracts – Clouding in the eye lens making the vision hazy and poor. Often occurs due to age
- Squint Eye – Also known as strabismus. Occurs when the eyes are crossed or not lined up
- Glaucoma – Vision loss due to damage in optic nerve. While cannot be cured, it can be slowed
If you notice any unease in your vision or symptoms such as eye pain, double vision, blurriness, itching, red or swollen eyes, it’s always best to have an immediate consultation.
Treatments for vision improvement
With the increase in modern day technologies and various new discoveries, there are much more options available to treat most eyesight problems. However, each treatment is best achieved with the help of expert medical knowledge in order to attain accurate and safer results. While some can only be treated with medicines and drops, certain other common treatment choices include surgeries, laser treatments of even acupuncture for eye and vision problems.
Tips for taking care of your vision
Maintaining healthy habits in order to take care of your vision can help you immensely as you age. Here are a few things you can do in order to help take better care of your eyesight.
- As told above, a check-up or examination regardless of the presence of symptoms
- Wearing glasses or contacts lenses adequately when needed rather than omitting them
- Being aware of basic family genetic issues in order to be precautious
- Eating healthy and ensuring your body has the necessary nutrients and supplements
Let us know if you’re one to follow proper eye check-ups